0800 085 5660

The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) is reminding landlords across the UK about their responsibilities when it comes to gas installations in properties which are occupied by tenants. The reminder comes after a landlord from Doncaster was fined £16,000 and £7,500 in costs for failing to ensure the correct installation of the boiler in one of her buildings occupied by tenants.

Nobody was hurt in the incident, but the landlord pleaded guilty to a breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act because the boiler was not installed properly.

Landlords across the UK and Leicestershire including areas such as Peterborough, Rutland, Oakham, Uppingham, Corby are being reminded of the importance of having boilers in their properties checked on an annual basis by plumbers or heating engineers registered with Gas Safe Previously (Corgi). Landlords who fail to get gas certificates issued could also find themselves being fined.

The biggest danger posed by boilers is poisoning from carbon monoxide, which leads to about 30 deaths across the UK every year. Correct installation of the central heating system and annual checks by heating engineers and plumbers registered with Corgi can prevent this by spotting any risks and making sure that everything is working properly. We have expert Heating Engineers in Peterborough and Boiler Repair Experts in Rutland who can advise and help you with any type of boiler or heating problem you may be experiencing.

As well as making central heating systems safer, an extra benefit is that they can help to reduce costs, making the boilers more efficient to run. At the same time, carbon monoxide is a greenhouse gas, so helping to reduce emissions can help to reduce the household’s impact on global warming.