0800 085 5660

A woman has died and a man has been left in a critical condition after a carbon monoxide leak in a London block of flats.

Fire fighters were called to the property where they discovered the 26-year-old female and 32-year-old man. The woman was already dead by the time they arrived, and the man, who was unconscious, was taken to hospital.

The fire fighters were called to the property in Hounslow West London, at 8 p.m. after they were alerted to the leak. The whole block of flats was evacuated, and the residents were moved to community centres in the area where they had to stay until 1 a.m when the property was deemed safe for their return.

Despite a detailed search, the fire fighters were unable to detect the source of the leak.

Between 20 and 30 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning in the UK every year

Carbon monoxide is odourless and colourless, making it incredibly dangerous, and it can quickly lead to asphyxiation.

The best way to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning is to have the boiler and gas appliances checked once a year by a trained plumber or Gas engineer registered with Gas Safe previously (Corgi). Residents of East Midlands in areas such as Peterborough and Huntingdon can then quickly find out if there is a problem and can significantly reduce the chances of a leak occurring. If you suspect any sort of Carbon Monoxide leak from your appliances or anywhere else you can call  www.boilerrepairsgas.co.uk